Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat.

There is no implication in the following post related to the title. Except for maybe we have found THE friendliest neighborhood to live in. My house has been bombarded with food and goodies. They don't last long with 5 boys around (and a sweet toothed mom and dad) though. But I do have to say, none of the things we've received have looked atrocious, and everything has tasted lovely!
The Joyner household continues.....constantly. Everything has been so busy lately. I had good intentions on making some great pillows as gifts to some of our neighbors who have been so sweet in our transition down here. As it sits, 4 pillows were finished, (two of which went to my sisters-in-law, I hope you like them!), and at this late unprepared moment, I am seriously contemplating the cheesy poem about "my version of homemade fudge" along with a candy bar. In fact, I know that is what it is going to be. SORRY NEIGHBORS!! (and I'm sitting here updating my blog?!?)
The boys are just crazily excited about all of our snow, and Christmas coming. Each day begins with "Is it Christmas yet?" Even the twins are thoroughly enjoying the tree and unwrapping presents. I am currently using the famous quote from my madre, "Santa doesn't come to a dirty house". My brother has backed me up on it too. So far, its working...
Chris and the boys built an awesome snow fort in our front yard, actually it looks like an igloo. Dyllan was pretty hyped up about sleeping in it. When I told him there was no way he was sleeping out there all he said was "buuuuttt mmmooooommm, dad slept in a snow cave before." Ya ya ya. Stupid scouts.
Well, I do have lots to do today, and with my short "nap" last night I know my energy will be dwindling quickly. Everyone is doing well, despite the splotchy stomach bug that made the rounds, and everyone is as happy and cute as ever. We wish all a Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Bon Noel, and a Happy New Year! Be safe, with love, The JOYNERS!

3 comments:

Cami said...

It's about time you updated! Gosh! I wish I could have come to your house when we were up in Cedar last Saturday. But you know how visits go! We never left home till 10:30, so that put us on short visits with the grannies and grandpa. It was well worth it. Caleb loved the snow. Hope you and yours all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Love ya tons!~

Heather Taylor said...

I've got to start telling my kids about Santa not coming to a clean house. Maybe that would actually create some motivation. We are planning on coming to Delta on Tuesday of next week and going out to lunch with grandpa before we head back out. I'm jumpong for joy thinking I might actually get to see you! I don't know what time we are leaving or coming back, but Karl and I are driving our own car down and can be flexible.

LIFE IS BUENO said...

Mandy, I love the pillow it is so cute!! I know your so busy so that was a great gift!! I need some crafty skills when are you going to come and make me do some crafts? Remember the costume you helped me make for Anthony his first costume